The awards for the
winners will be in form of support for school infrastructure for promotion of
cleanliness and sanitation. This support will be equivalent to the prize money
for each category.
- Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai
- Municipal Corporation of Delhi
- New Okhla Industrial Development Authority ï¿½ NOIDA
- Nagar Nigam Ghaziabad
- Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike
How to Participate:
United Way Mumbai's Role in Swachh School Awards:
- Shortlisting based on Responses
- Physical Audit to Schools by UWM
- Winner Selection by Jury
- United Way Mumbai is the Knowledge Partner of the Swachh School Awards. UWM's role involves preparing assessment criteria for schools; mobilising a panel of judges (with eminent background on civic awareness and engagement); screening and undertaking ground audits of the participating schools; reporting to the jury and facilitating the objective selection of best schools.
- Since November 2007, UWM has been serving as third-party auditor for MCGM's "Clean-Up Mumbai" campaign for the enforcement of "Greater Mumbai Cleanliness and Sanitation Bylaws 2006". In our capacity as Third Party Auditors, we work towards eliciting citizens' participation in various campaigns to promote and maintain cleanliness in public premises. This work is carried out by United Way Mumbai in a voluntary capacity. As the third party auditor, UWM has carried out various initiatives through a public-private partnership in order to complement MCGM in its endeavour to keep the city clean and beautiful.
For all the information you need regarding the Swachh School Awards visit their website
To register your school for the awards, click here