R.n.03, 2nd Floor, 16-b, Krishna Niwas. Dr. B. Ambedkar Road, Naigaon, Hindmata. Dadar East, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, 400014
Charity Bib Status: Not available
Niramaya focuses on healthcare of children, adolescents and women.
1. Anemia and related malnutrition- for preschool children. Supplement of Iron folic acid and deworming tablets. Health checkup, nutritional and Protein powder supplement. Health education and cooking demonstration to bring Behavior change in mothers.
2. Sensitization program for Adolescents on Reproductive and sexual health- scientific source of knowledge about body changes. Major focus towards 55 schools from slums (vulnerable) on addiction, HIV/AIDS, gender and nutrition
3. Healthcare at Deonar Dumping ground for Rag picker children and women- health checkup through Mobile van, immunization, malnutrition and Drop-in-center for skill enhancement and learning.
4. Healthcare services for Tribals - three mobile vans in remote hilly Padas on daily basis covering 85 villages, 90 km from Nasik. Local community participation as Peer educators.
5. Clinic and community Health- regular OPD checkups, medicine dispensing, free cataract surgeries, Gynaec OPD with minor procedures and operatives in tie-up
Anemia and related malnutrition- for preschool children, Mumbai have major slums and higher no of malnourished children i.e. more than 50%. Niramaya provides interventions to children through Balwadis all over Mumbai. Record card maintained for every child. History noted with Ht and wt on every three months. Intervention of Tab Iron-folic acid and deworming is provided. Medical checkup, nutritional supplements and protein powder supplements for every three months. Growth chart is maintained and accordingly levels of malnutrition to normal are observed throughout year.
Audiovisual trainings conducted for mothers to bring Behavior change and healthy diet practices. Cooking demonstrations for mother helps to curb the malnutrition. Health awareness is highly focused.
This year data shows 52% children were malnourished initially which after interventions remained to only 13% means 87% children turned to normal grade. 13% are in mild state of malnutrition which are being followed up regularly
- Total number of Balwadis- 243, Total schools- 5
Total number of children under balwadi program - 3663 + Total number of children under Schools: - 1969
- children status at start - 52% malnourished and Normal- 48%
- Change observed after complete interventions: Malnourished- 13% and Normal- 87%
- Anemia Data: Initially, 33% children were normal and 77% Anemic
- After interventions, 84% normal children
- Medical Health check up camp:
- Total Balwadis: 177- Beneficiaries: 1786
- Total school:05- Total Beneficiary: 2215
- Upper respiratory tract infection (17%), Fever 4 %, Vit Def - A 3 %, GIT 3 % and other ailments like Scabies, Otitis media, Vomiting, Worms, Fever, etc
Nutrition Health Education Sessions:
- Total Health Sessions: 379, Beneficiaries: 3965
- LCD presentations: 39, Beneficiaries: 1486
Page Url :
Cause category: Health